Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Myself vs. I

Thank you for your patience during my extended meditation exercises. If only my personal experience was as relaxing as the cartoon me appears! I could attempt to explain myself for allowing so much time to pass between blog updates, but I simply have no excuse. Just like everyone else, we are a busy family. My work at the Paper Mill seems endless, but this is a good thing, as it pays the bills! I think that one part of my "anti-posting" campaign is due to a type of writer's block. It's not that I have nothing to write about - there are plenty of day to day events that could be construed as amusing, anecdotal, or educational. The thing is, as I read back over some of the past entries, I feel a lack of "funny" come over me. I want to "hear" that side splitting laughter coming out of my screen when others read what I have written. If not laughter, then a strong sense of "hmmm....." is good. Bottom line is, I've suddenly (ok, it's not so sudden) begun a heated competition with myself to see who can have the best blog entry, and since I know that I am the best, there is no competing with me! (When I say "the best", I mean in the competition between Myself and I - there is no comparison to be made with some of my other blogging friends -- i.e. TheEverythingGirl, Ciar Cullen, to name a couple.)
I am wondering, (Ciar Cullen, perhaps you can answer this) is this normal? I mean, in the "writer" sense. Not that I consider myself a writer, really, but there are a couple of things brewing that I intend to finish one day.

So, where does this leave us?
It leaves me sitting on the couch with a laptop right where it belongs - on my lap, pondering what to do next. One phrase keeps coming to mind - an entry that I have had in my drafts since August. (Where does the time go???) Now seems like an appropriate time to review that one. . . . . stay tuned.........

3 comments:

SL Massingill said...

Thank you, Ciar.
:-}

Anonymous said...

Warrior! you need to approach your writing as you do your fighting... with respect, dignity and daily commitment... of course I do understand that babies, and puppies, and significant others demand time. But so does your muse!

(and as a fellow blogger and warrior, it is really hard to commit to the daily part in writing!)

thanks for posting!

Hope said...

Glad to have you back! Now that you've had some time to "Fred" and relax, I'll be looking to see some regular posts. You're missed when you're gone!