Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Another Site? Same Name?

 I am in a quandary and taking a break from the vacation posts.  You see, this site is meant to showcase our photos, especially those with the affirmations.  Beyond that, the plan is to add my own thoughts on whatever comes to mind, most of which pertain to the spiritual and interconnectedness of us all.  I registered the name, Soul Musings, with the county clerk, just like I’m supposed to.  I have a FEIN #.  I’m thinking that I’m all set to get out and peddle my wares.  Then Mare “googled” Soul Musings.  Yep.  There’s another one.  The nature of the site is different - still spiritual and seems to be a like minded individual.  No artwork displayed, and many wonderful things posted.  While it is different from mine, I still feel odd.  Actually, on some level, I can hear my inner doubting Thomas saying, “See, I told you.  Why would YOU think that you have an original idea?  Someone has already done it, just like your other ideas.  Just stick with your day job and forget it.”
    The interesting part of this, however, is that although I hear this voice, on a deeper level I simply FEEL that I still need to keep going.  The name is the same, the message is similar, but the content and delivery are very different.  Perhaps this is another, more striking example of the interconnectedness of us all.  Who knows, perhaps I will make contact with the owner of the other site and we will join forces!

No comments: