Monday, July 10, 2006

Sh*t rolls downhill

Everyone has heard the saying "sh*t rolls downhill", right? You know, when your boss gets an earfull from their boss, then turns to you, gives you a slap on the wrist, and you are then compelled to find an even more lowly being and give them a good solid PIECE OF YOUR MIND!

Well, I want to let it be known that sh*t does indeed roll downhill. I know this because I witnessed it first hand. This event actually took place a while ago, but I was reminded of it yesterday during a similar experience.

We enjoy frequent family outings to the local park for a nice jaunt and discussion of the laws of nature. The family, of course, includes two adults, two dogs and a mini-human (stroller size). So, on this particular visit, we are strolling along, marveling at the ducks, geese, other water fowl and the many droppings of same that litter the walkway. (Many people find these droppings a nuisance. We don't. They are a delicacy for the dogs and it saves money on dog food.)
(I'm KIDDING-animal rights types)

So, anyway, we're walking, talking, pulling the dogs away from the droppings and trying to keep them next to us like the darling little angels that they are at home. yeah, right. It is important to know that to our right, at the bottom of the hill, are quite a few people playing games, sunbathing, eating, etc. All of the fun park-like activities. It is at this point that our Lab decides that she must relieve herself, but certainly not on level ground! I imagine her thought process was something to the effect of "Gotta go, gotta go, where do I go, ooh, ooh, this is perfect....." So, off she goes, just off the walkway, as any well trained polite dog will do. The unfortunate thing in this instant is that just off the walkway is a very steep, sloping hill, leading right down to where the other park revilers are frolicking. She squats, and realizing what is about to happen, I grab a bag and jump down next to the squatting dog. Now, usually, the "doggie doo" is oblong and in a pile. Not this time. This time she manages to create lovely solid round balls. Off they go down the hill as I try to scoop them up ever so gracefully. Unfortunately, our other little canine has become confused. "Where ever shall I stand, shall I go here? Shall I go there? I know, I'll go 'round and 'round!" Yep, around my legs is what she meant. Now here I am, scurrying down this rather steep embankment, trying to catch the poop without letting go of either leash while hopping to get my foot out of the tangles without stepping on the Jack Russell.
(Remember the frolickers? Yep, they're all still there, along with other walkers, joggers, etc)

The moral of the story?

Sh*t DOES indeed roll downhill.

(btw, I did manage to collect all of the "balls" and stay on me feet)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That cracked me up. Good for you for jumping right into the blogosphere with a good poop story.