Sunday, July 29, 2007

Hairy Tongue and other random thoughts

Baby Ruth apparently has a hair on her tongue. She is holding her "Baby Tad" which is covered in dog hair despite having just been vacuumed, and pitter-pattering over to me with her tongue hanging out. This can mean one of two things - she ate something disgusting, or there is a hair on her tongue. My vote is for hair.....yep, that's it......a hair......
All is now well in our little toddler's world. Hairy Tad is on the floor, collecting more hair, and Baby Ruth is bouncing and spinning on the "Bounce and Spin Zebra".

If you happen to read my posts on occasion, you will notice that I removed the "Chinese Horoscope" thing. I dunno....thought it was dumb after re-reading it and it seemed to throw off the Feng Shui of my page.

Since my last post, the majority of my spare time has been spent training for the aforementioned Black Belt test. No amount of push-ups seem to be enough to get me to where I need to be. (In fact, as I type I am doing push-ups - mentally.....sort of like learning by osmosis.....I'm sure it will help, won't it?)

This afternoon I took my darling little canines for a walk. We came upon a house in the neighborhood that has been for sale for quite some time. It is a tiny little bungalow type cape thing with window boxes that hold very brightly colored FAKE flowers. There is a large "LUXURY - TWO BEDROOM" sign in one of the windows. As the dogs and I trotted by, I couldn't help but wonder how this place could possibly be luxurious or contain two bedrooms. Okay, two bedrooms maybe, but luxurious? If you're a hobbit, perhaps. Then, as I continued to stare, I suddenly got an image of the basement of this home. (I don't know if it actually has one or not.) In my mind, the basement is the complete opposite of the image that the seller is trying to portray on the outside of the house. It is dark and dingy and there are shackles on the wall. There are wooden benches along one wall with large eye bolts in them so that the "prisoners" can be chained there. Then there are the fingernail marks on the walls and blood spatters on the windows which are covered from the outside.
I don't know why this image came to mind, nor do I want to explore it further. I know one thing - I will NEVER attend an open house at that place, no matter how curious I am about the inviting "Luxury Two Bedroom" sign! (The place probably hasn't sold because all of the prospective buyers are now chained to the benches in the basement until an appropriate offer is made.)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmmm.. You live quite a distance from me so I just hope that it was not my house that you were walking by and having said thoughts about.. :) but it is a lovely 2 bedroom house if you know of anyone looking... and no shackles, blood or fingernail marks in the basement!
Kristin

SL Massingill said...

No worries, Kris....not your house.
:-)

Anonymous said...

Black Belt test...wow. You would definitely make a great ninja.