Saturday, October 25, 2014

Self DIScovery....Self REcovery

This is a photo that my Mom gave me years ago.
It is only recently that the words have REALLY begun to
resonate.  And yes.  It's a bit blurry, the image... as has been
my journey of listening to my heart.
Finding our passion, getting to the Truth of who we are is not something that we can "do". It isn't even something that we can BECOME.  It is WHO we ARE!  Our "job" is not to to find our passion, but rather to REVEAL it, or better yet, to get out of the way for our passion to reveal itself.

As the revealing unfolds, our old ways/habits/ego tricks hold on for dear life and remind us of who we are NOT.

How, do we really know that is who we are not?  We know because those old ways feel like shit!  They no longer resonate with who we are revealing ourselves to be!

When we embark intentionally on the path of Self Recovery, we begin to notice when we feel like crap, when things just don't fit the way they used to.  It could be compared to a diet.    At first we may not notice the change in our body even though the scale may indicate change.  Then suddenly we need a belt with a pair of pants that were snug before.  The beginning of a diet often feels very uncomfortable.  Changing eating habits, new foods, releasing toxins all "painful" experiences.  The same goes for the inner work of revealing our True self.

Letting go of the old, allowing in the new (which, by the way, is not really new because it is the TRUTH), means feeling resistance, acknowledging that there are aspects of ourselves that we no longer wish to align with, but that we must acknowledge and love nonetheless.  It means getting comfortable in the discomfort and honoring ourselves for feeling shitty one minute and on top of the world the next.

Why am I saying this today?

Because this has been my journey over the last few months.  It has really been my journey for years, but it has really become poignant over the last few months.  Change the "we's" above to "I's"..... but I said WE, because I know that I am not alone in this trek.  None of us are.  I am fully immersed right now in this revealing and process that I am now referring to as Self Recovery, rather than Self DIScovery.  I am getting ME back.  A ME that I'm not sure I ever met before, but a ME that I know is WHO I intended to BE when I first made appearance here on this Earth.  A ME that is Love.  Pure, simple, Love.  That Love begins within ME and the more I allow it to surface from within, the more I can share and offer to others, to YOU.

I have come to realize that my Passion is to assist others in the realization of their passion and dreams.  It turns out, so it would seem, that in order to live my passion, I also get the pleasure of experiencing what my passion is NOT!

CONTRAST!

It is in the CONTRAST that our TRUTH is revealed and we (I) can make the decision to SHOW UP in a way that is CONGRUENT with the ME that I CHOOSE to share with the world!

I offer to you, if you happen to be on a similar journey, if you happen to be in the process of becoming aware of some area of dissatisfaction in your self or your life, just take some time to notice.  Notice what is happening for you.  Notice how you are feeling.  Notice how your thoughts align with your words and the actions that follow, and notice the feeling that results.  Simply notice for now.  Maybe make a note of it.  Then, when you feel inclined, review your notes OR review mentally and decide how you REALLY want to feel.  Then just keep noticing.

To Passion, to Noticing, and to the journey of Self Recovery!

Endless Love and Blessings to all.

No comments: