Sunday, November 12, 2006

The Secret

The other day Lady M and I watched a wonderful movie. Actually, it wasn’t so much a “movie” as a documentary type film. Either way, it was excellent! It is called “The Secret”. I highly recommend it! It seems to only be available on the website at the present moment, so I have included the link. I’m not going to go into detail about it, because that would ruin the “plot” and give away “the secret”. With that said, however, I do feel that “the secret” is something that should be shared. It is better, though, that you enjoy the secret when you are ready. That is when it will make the most sense and be best put to use.
Curious yet?
Here’s a little story.....

After watching “The Secret”, I decided to fix myself a nice bottle of water with lemon. In order to do this, I first had to remove the pieces of lemon that I had had in my water from earlier. Using a fork, and not giving much thought to the task, I successfully removed the first piece of lemon. I immediately began to ponder the ease in which that lemon came out. I wondered why it hadn’t fallen off the fork or gotten stuck in the opening. I started to picture in my mind all of the ways in which this lemon removing task could have gone awry. (In other words, my mind was wandering at random.) I began to fetch out the second lemon piece. Wouldn’t you know, that darn lemon wedge would NOT stay on my fork! Again and again it fell off. I tilted, poked, prodded, did everything but turn the bottle upside down and dump the water and lemon out. All to no avail. Then, I remembered “The Secret”, and thought, “Hmmm............well, it’s worth a try”. So, I applied “the secret”. Within seconds that lemon was on the fork, out of the bottle and in the trash.

This probably doesn’t seem like an earth shattering or space shifting event, but I found it to be an excellent little experiment. If applying “the secret” can have such immediate consequences with a rather mundane task, what can it do for bigger events? I’m not sure just yet, but I intend to find out.

Enjoy “The Secret”

No comments: