Friday, November 24, 2006

Yet another "Secret" example

The other day, I made a rather unfortunate discovery in our house. Our cable wire, which enables our internet connection as well as television reception, had been chewed through by a cute little mouse. (I no longer think of the little mousie as "cute", by the way. Well, it is fuzzy and what not, and I still want to use a humane trap to get it out of our home, but it has lost some of the cuteness factor.)
Anyway, clearly it is important to have that internet connection, so I set my mind to getting a new cable wire. The only problem was, where to find it. I thought that I may need to contact the cable company to get that particular type of coax....or perhaps an electronics store.......then I began to brainstorm....perhaps while driving, I might come across a cable company truck and ask the technician what kind of cable and where to get it.
That day at work, I happened to be in a day long meeting and told the cable eating story to a few co-workers, along with the hope that I would come across a cable technician who would help me. On the way home, my co-worker and I spotted just the truck that I needed. Unfortunately, it was on the highway. I dropped off my passenger and continued on my way home. Then, like a flashing beacon on a dark and stormy night, there it was. A CABLE TRUCK pulling out of a gas station. I followed the shining star over the river and through the woods (ok, so it was through a neighborhood, but 'tis the season). I figured the driver was going to a job.....actually, I followed him home. (oops)
I excused myself for being so bold and asked the technician about my dilemma. He was very kind and friendly and just happened to have an extra bit of cable, just the length that I needed!

The moral? "If you think it, you will bring it"
Or, for the movie lover, "If you build it, they will come".

WATCH "THE SECRET"!!!!!

2 comments:

Hope said...

That song you're humming is called "All For You" by Sister Hazel. Here are the lyrics:

Finally I figured out
But it took a long, long time
But now there's a turnabout
Maybe 'cause I'm trying

There's been times, I'm so confused
All my roads, They lead to you
I just can't turn and walk away

It's hard to say what it is I see in you
Wonder if I'll always be with you
But words can't say, And I can't do
Enough to prove,
It's all for you

I thought I'd seen it all
'Cause it's been a long, long time
But then we'll trip and fall
Wondering if I'm blind
[Pre-chorus]
[Chorus]

Rain comes pouring down
Falling from blue skies
Words without a sound
Coming from your eyes

Finally I figured out
But it took a long, long time
But now there's a turnabout
Maybe cause I'm trying
[Pre-chorus]
[Chorus-Chorus]

It's hard to say
It's hard to say
It's all for you

Now you can sing more than eleven words.

SL Massingill said...

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!

Thank you, Hope!!!!!!